Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` 07:48 - Jun 22 with 2586 viewsPhil_S

The Swans are today being linked with a move for Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk after he was reported to be wanting a move away from the Scottish Champions.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/38983
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 09:03 - Jun 22 with 2482 viewsscottishjack

He is a stand out player in the SPL but I'm not sure that counts for much?

£8 million? As the article states, maybe it's plan B if anything comes of the interest in Fernandez...
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 2158 viewsQuakerJack

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 09:03 - Jun 22 by scottishjack

He is a stand out player in the SPL but I'm not sure that counts for much?

£8 million? As the article states, maybe it's plan B if anything comes of the interest in Fernandez...

I agree. Any player we get from the SPL, no matter how good they look, has to be looked at in the context of the quality (or lack of) in that league. Just ask Boro fans... Gordon Strachan tried to put together an SPL dream team headed by goal machine Kris Boyd. They nearly got relegated to League 1.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 12:49 - Jun 22 with 2134 viewsSwan91

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 12:38 - Jun 22 by QuakerJack

I agree. Any player we get from the SPL, no matter how good they look, has to be looked at in the context of the quality (or lack of) in that league. Just ask Boro fans... Gordon Strachan tried to put together an SPL dream team headed by goal machine Kris Boyd. They nearly got relegated to League 1.

We also signed Ki from Celtic for £5.5million and it worked for us. So £8million would be good but only if we sell FF for a lot more. But like others have said I can't see this happening unless FF is in the process of leaving. Amat and bartley are both good enough back up CB's for us and I can't see us spending 8mill on another back up.
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 14:43 - Jun 22 with 1970 viewss1ackjack

In this article from the BBC website we have dismissed links with Van Dijk and Troy Deeney.
That would seem to make sense to me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33226578

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:27 - Jun 22 with 1837 viewsJackofdreambeach

just wondering if we signed Luis Suarez and Bale , how many of our fans would respond with 'do we really need another striker and winger ? '
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 1819 viewspencoedjack

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:27 - Jun 22 by Jackofdreambeach

just wondering if we signed Luis Suarez and Bale , how many of our fans would respond with 'do we really need another striker and winger ? '

Difference being Van Dijk is not an upgrade on Ash / FF. Bale & Suarez would obviously improve the team.

I really hope Fernandez is still here on September 1st top top defender.
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 17:01 - Jun 22 with 1796 viewsGreatBritton

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:38 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

Difference being Van Dijk is not an upgrade on Ash / FF. Bale & Suarez would obviously improve the team.

I concur
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 17:18 - Jun 22 with 1770 viewsDewi1jack

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:38 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

I'm not sure I would say Van Dijk is an upgrade on Jordi either.
I think Jordi is going to reach the top end of the game ie a bigger club for a good fee!

Agree with the rest.
But are you really sure Bale would be an upgrade on the lost form boy Nath?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 17:48 - Jun 22 with 1730 viewssnork44

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 17:18 - Jun 22 by Dewi1jack

I think Jordi is going to reach the top end of the game ie a bigger club for a good fee!

Agree with the rest.

Don't say anything bad about ikicle Nathan or Mrs Snork will be after you as she loves ND12 with a passion!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 18:01 - Jun 22 with 1710 viewspencoedjack

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 17:18 - Jun 22 by Dewi1jack

Agree with the rest.

I did think that about Amat as well.

Maybe Bartley fancies playing for the other old firm team as a replacement for Van Dijk. Although I think I am probably in the minority ....... to me Kyle's level is SPL / Championship (sorry he can take Nathan with him as well)
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 19:15 - Jun 22 with 1586 viewsChrisSCFC

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 18:01 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

I did think that about Amat as well.

Maybe Bartley fancies playing for the other old firm team as a replacement for Van Dijk. Although I think I am probably in the minority ....... to me Kyle's level is SPL / Championship (sorry he can take Nathan with him as well)

I'm with you, I've never thought much of Bartley and in my opinion Amat is streets ahead.
Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 20:59 - Jun 22 with 1409 viewsskippyjack

He's not good enough for us.. Especially for the 8 million being spouted around..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 23:01 - Jun 22 with 1245 viewsSwansNZ

Swans Join Others In Hunt For Van Dijk` on 16:27 - Jun 22 by Jackofdreambeach

I guess Bale could revert to left-back and provide more competition for Taylor and Tabanou.

Not sure if Suarez would be content to be a backup to Gomis.

Can’t see it happening.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024